I’m already typing enough anyway…

by ncwinters on May 8, 2009

…I may as well write a damn blog post!

So again, I’ve been slack on the blog and yes, you’ve heard this before. I realized that between twitter and the various blogs I’ve been reading, I’m typing enough to be posting way more than I should. Granted, I usually don’t have access to my pics, and I try to give you something visual in each post (I hate looking at just words myself), but these are just excuses.

So, here you go, an update on what I’ve been up to recently.

First off, head over to these blogs right now: The Economy Isn’t Happening, Mattress Police and my newest chum (and yes, Trish, I’m using the definition that means chopped up meat for luring sharks) Trish over at Notes From the Bunker. Ginger originally got me hooked on TEIH literally months ago and from there, my blog list has spread rather like a virus to several others. God help me if I find anyone new, nothing else will ever get done. Oh yeah, check out RambleRamble, Ginger’s blog. She’s my wife, by the way. I feel like I keep mentioning it, but I always run into the dilemma of whether to say ‘my wife Ginger’ versus ‘my wife’ versus ‘that person sharing the house with me’.

Oh hey, I finished a commission awhile ago and never posted about it. I painted the portrait of Melissa Walker of Distinction Gallery for an upcoming Who’s Who of the San Diego Art World. She was nominated, not me. But, it’s an awards event combined with art show so everyone nominated had to get their portrait painted. I’m honored she chose me. Here it is, hopefully I’m allowed to show it early.

Let’s see, what else? Oh yeah, we are officially having a boy. This should probably go higher in my blog’s priorities, but that just shows what a flawed person I am. I’ll have a special baby announcement soon that reflects our (mainly mine) unique perspective. I’m sure it will delight and offend. We’re both excited (my wife, Ginger and I [did I mention Ginger is my wife? She’s the one thhe baby is coming out of.]) and are now in the process of picking out baby names. Let me tell you about these baby book names. They all have names like ‘One Million and One of the BESTEST EVER Baby Names’ or ‘Those Other Baby Names are Shit, THESE are the Three Million Baby Names You Seek” or somesuch. Don’t believe the hype. After about five hunded names, the rest are garbage. And this is how names are all over the planet. The reason so many names are reused is that only about twenty percent of any names are decent and the rest are for freaks, hippies or rock stars who are not considering factors like “this will get my kid’s ass kicked every day” or “this goofy spelling is fun for me, but it will make my kid’s childhood hell.”

Oh, I’m in four art shows in July. Overextending myself? Most likely, but mark these dates: July 11 at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles for Kokeshi: From Folk Art to Art Toy. This is a group show with numerous amazing artists. Then Crazy For Cult: 3D at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. This show will be off the hook, as the kids say. It is traditionally hosted by Kevin Smith- director of Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy and all the rest. This year, it will be co-hosted by “Weird” Al Yankovic to commemorate the 20th anniversary of UHF. The show is usually jammed out the door and around the block, so show up wicked early. I’ll have two pieces in the show. Next up is Meanwhile… at the Hall of Justice A Collection of Superhero Mishaps at Subtext Gallery, San Diego Comic Con Weekend: July 24th-26th, 2009 Opening Reception: Friday, July 24th, 6-10pm. The show name is quite a mouthful, but the group show features a wicked lineup of artists. The very next day is the show not to miss: Waterlogged is the two-man show of Chris Kepler and mine at Swiv Tackle Circus in Oceanside. The show is July 25th, opening 6:00 – 10:00 PM. We hope to have at least forty pieces of brand new art up in a full installation with mural in the gallery. This is the biggest undertaking in my artistic career, and I’d be super mega stoked if you could all make it. And by all, I of course mean the whole world. More info on all the shows as the dates get closer. Here’s a little progress shot of the Waterlogged art prep. All my work has been on wood panels lately, which is both fun and tedious at the same time. Funedious.

Well, that’s enough for now, I swear I’ll try to space these out a bit more and not give you a novel for every post. But actually, you’re lucky you’re getting anything lately. So quit complaining already.

*NCW*

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Jewels May 9, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Fantastic new piece, there. She looks stunning! Where do you get your wood panels?

And by the way- congrats on the baby! May I suggest the name Willet Snoe? Willet Snoe Winters kinda has a nice ring to it, doncha think? ^_^

Johnny B. Truant May 11, 2009 at 6:29 am

Yeah, you’ve gotta get that boy in there first. Then if you have another and can get to the girl, bonus. I needed someone around from Go who though farts were funny. Not that girls can’t find farts funny, but it happens less often.

diesel May 11, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Thanks for the mention!

Leslie Gold May 12, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Uh…I believe Ginger is the one who your baby boy is growing inside of, not just who’s shootin’ the kid out! Can you imagine carrying around all that weight for all those months?!
Yeah…no weird names to embarrass the kid.

Anna & Oscar May 14, 2009 at 5:35 pm

GET TO WORK! NO MORE BOCCE PLAYING! YOU’RE BEHIND IN PAGE COUNT!!!! WE MISS YOU & YOUR “NC LEAN”! WE USE THAT QUOTE A LOT BTW HAHA DON’T FORGET OUR CHRISTMAS CARDS SUCKA! PS: CONGRATS ON THE BABY BOY TOO! WE’RE ALL HAPPY FOR YOU! ARE YOU COMING BACK?

Chelsi January 21, 2017 at 12:03 pm

219…ja maksulisäykset tosiaan ulkoisille kiintolevyille jotka kaikista maksunalaisista laitteista ovat kyseenalaisimmat. Vähensit juuri reilusti lisää kaikpnaäyntuä Suomessa ja pakotat ihmiset suosimaan ulkomaisia toimijoita.MP3 kännyihin ei sitten toisaalta tullut maksuja, edes sitä pientä. Kyllä nyt on niin munatonta touhua että oikein jo sylettää.= Karpela #2

sofortkredit per telefon yönetme February 11, 2017 at 6:31 am

US student debt is a “special” kind of debt, it can never forgiven, and there are no legal protections. If you refuse to pay, you are blacklisted from taking government work. Not sure how it works if you renounce your citizenship and leave the country, but I suspect the debt collectors will hound you into the grave, because there is no legal protection.

deutsche bank baufinanzierung checkliste February 11, 2017 at 7:34 am

Valamit nem értek. Miért kellett a hozzászólásomat eltávolítani,amikor csak egy könyvcímet írtam. Ami mellesleg eddigi tudásom szerint nem jelent meg magyarul….?

fifa 14 ut coins hack February 24, 2017 at 10:02 am

Oh my! I have a four year old girl, and she’s been coming up with a few gems like that too! I would like to know what your response was (though, I can guess that you quickly corrected him).The other day, Emma (4) and I were reading a Christmas book and on the last page, there was a nice picture of the shepherds coming to see baby Jesus. Emma exclaimed, “They’re coming to steal the baby!”[]

farmer auto care March 15, 2017 at 1:34 am

Now that’s subtle! Great to hear from you.

star wars the old republic 240 cartel coins free April 20, 2017 at 11:44 am

I remember Sastry got upset when I complained about my taxes, he said I was showing off. I forget what handle he uses now, had the same politics as cobbler and yome, but wasn’t retarded like they are. Yet Warren Buffet complains about his secretary’s taxes all the time and nobody minds because together they look like Ma and Pa Kettle, and even though nobody can figure a way that his secretary can pay taxes of 35.6% without making over $500k/yr.

Covington, Georgia auto ins quote May 10, 2017 at 8:32 am

Dude/Dudette, if you are living on a street where you fear your Christmas lights may be stolen, frankly, I’d be pretty concerned about your OWN safety. Short of moving (HIGHLY recommended), sitting on your porch with lots of coffee and a shotgun, might help some. Good luck to ya soldier.Was this answer helpful?LikeDislike